We all know that exercise, when done right, is good for us and health professionals recommend that we do around 2.5 hours of moderate exercise per week.
A way to achieve this is by joining a gym and one of the most common times of year for people to do it is in January, when they’ve made the step as part of their New Year resolution to get fit. But why wait to the New Year to decide that the way to a better body is by joining a gym?
If you’re hoping to dazzle at the Christmas parties in a few weeks’ time, or look your best on Christmas Day, then there’s no better time than right now to join a gym and look forward to a fitter, happier and healthier you. But don’t just take it from us, here are another
10 reasons to join your local gym today.
- It’s a great stress reliever – if you’re struggling with the daily grind, studies show that exercise releases endorphins in the brain that help deal with problems such as stress and depression.
- Get support from those around you – when you join a gym, it’s a great way to feel part of a community with the same goal, make new friends and learn from others.
- Feel better in yourself – exercise has been proven to boost your mood and help you feel happier all round.
- Boost your immune system – because exercise is also a way to help your immune system build itself up to fight disease.
- Move away from unhealthy influences – trying to get off the couch and away from the constant glare of computers, TVs and mobile phones? Getting to the gym is a great solution.
- Variety is the spice of life – there’s so much to do at a gym, from weights, to cardio, to a whole variety of exercise classes, that you’ll never feel bored.
- Beat the fatigue – when you feel tired, the last thing you might want to do is exercise, but it’s this that can leave you feeling re-energised and ready to face the day.
- Learn from the professionals – at our gym, advice and guidance is always on hand from our trained professionals, who can help you achieve your goals.
- Have no interruptions to your workout – because a gym is mostly inside and located away from home, there’s no bad weather conditions or other interruptions to break up your routine.
- Look younger – as well as boosting your mood and helping you be fitter, healthier and happier, exercise can help bring out the more youthful you.
Book your free induction today
At Leicestershire’s Physfit, we have a team of professional personal trainers who are ready and waiting to help you achieve the body beautiful that you’ve been wanting. So, book your free induction today and all you need to do is look forward to looking and feeling better in no time at all.