When it comes to getting fit and healthy, it’s often said that the hardest part is at the beginning. The bit just after you make the decision to go for it and before you get the amazing results.
And it’s at this point that more than ever you’ll need to find ways to motivate yourself in order to keep going until you reach your goals. So, to give you a little push in the right direction, here are the Physfit top tips on gym motivation.
Our 10 Top Tips
- Set yourself realistic goals. There’s no point looking for massive instant change. Instead take things steps by step and when you achieve your goal, feel good about it and move on to the next one.
- Find a time where a regular workout will fit realistically into your lifestyle. If you say you’ll go at a time that isn’t going to work for you on a regular basis, then you have even more reason to avoid it.
- Get in a positive mindset that you will achieve your goals – think, ‘I will’, rather than ‘I wish’.
- Incorporate variety into your workouts to keep them interesting.
- Get a motivational pumping play list for your workouts.
- Talk to people who have achieved the goals you’re striving for and see how achievable it can be.
- Get into your gym clothes on the days you don’t feel like going – this way you’re half way there.
- Try on the clothes in your wardrobe that you want to wear again one day, but are just that bit too tight. Perhaps take pictures of yourself in them so that you can see what you’ve achieved in the before and after.
- Take a partner along to your workouts with you, so that you can keep each other motivated.
- Reward yourself. If the workouts are hard, treat yourself with something afterwards, such as a latte, a massage or even a new top, this way you have something to look forward to after all your hard work.
Join a gym for added motivation
Sometimes it can be hard to stay on the road to a healthier lifestyle when you’re going it alone. By joining a gym, you can meet and socialise with people in a similar boat who are all working towards the same sort of thing.
If you would like to find out more about the options available for membership of Physfit, get in touch with a member of our friendly team today.