Sports massage should play an important part in the life of any sportsman or woman whether they are injured or not. Massage has a number of benefits including physical, physiological and psychological.
Sports massage can help maintain the body in generally better condition, prevent injuries and loss of mobility, cure and restore mobility to injured muscle tissue, boost performance and extend the overall life of your sporting career.
So what are the benefits of a sports massage? Read on to find out…
- Look after your muscles – to remain fit and healthy it’s really important to look after your muscles after a workout. Getting a sports massage will keep your muscles in great working condition and will make a real difference to your training regime.
- Release tension – after a work out your muscles need some TLC. A spots massage can relieve tension in your muscles and mean you can hit the gym again soon after.
- Pain reduction – Tension and waste products in muscles can often cause pain. Massage helps reduce this in many ways including releasing the body’s endorphins.
- Break down scar tissue – Scar tissue is the result of previous injuries or trauma and can affect muscle, tendons and ligaments. This can lead to inflexible tissues that are prone to injury and pain.
- Speed up the recovery process – a sports massage increases the blood flow to your muscles, helping them to recover quicker after a workout.
- Prevent future injuries – muscles that recover properly after a workout or exercise can help prevent injury.
- Improve flexibility – taking care of your muscles prevents damage and improves flexibility.
- Improve your mental wellbeing – a sports massage will help you relax and reduce stress levels, helping you to feel better physically and emotionally.
Skilled & Qualified Masseuse at Physfit Gyms
Sports massage can be used pre-performance, post-performance, during training or for rehabilitation. Athletes of all levels may benefit from sports massage. If you are looking for a way to improve your performance or general level of fitness, then sports massage may be for you.
Physfit has a qualified and experienced on-site sports masseuse providing taping and strapping, hot and cold techniques, pre & post event massage and injury management & prevention. To book your Sileby sports massage, then please call 07470 134000.
Book your Sports Massage in Sileby Today
To find out more about our sports massage and our range of facilities why not pop in and see us. To get in touch call us on 01509 815490 or fill out our easy to use contact form and we’ll get back to you.